Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"How to Not Hire Someone Via Craigslist" by G. Kawasaki

It wasn't too long ago that I used to attend lectures at Stanford where Guy Kawasaki would show up on the regular basis and promote his new book or just come in and speak on a topic or two in what appeared to be his spare time.
While I know not everyone agrees with Guy's views on the valley or investment, personally, I still find him fairly entertaining and inspiring from time to time.
I found this article on his blog that felt was very relevant to those hiring contractors off of Craigslist. My business partner and I had a nightmare experience with our last contract developer (who will remain nameless) that we hired from CL. Looking back it's hard to determine whose fault it was -
A) His for not being honest about his abilities
B) Ours, for not recognizing what our development needs really were at the time.
Regardless, Check out this link-
How to Not Hire Someone Via Craigslist

No comments:

Post a Comment